Our 10 Hour Check is recommended on all our new four-stroke outboards sold. The 10 Hour Check accomplishes several service related issues, and is suggested by all of the major outboard manufacturers.*
During the break-in of your new outboard, many mechanical and physical changes are taking place in your new engine. When your engine break-in is followed per manufacturer recommendations and the engine is serviced after completion of the break-in, many long term issues can be prevented and ensure a clean bill of health on your outboard.
10-Hour Check: (may vary depending on manufacturer and horsepower)
- Change engine oil and oil filter with OEM products.
- Change gearcase lubricant.
- Inspect mechanical shifting and throttle control.
- Look over engine, boat, and trailer.
- Address any warrantable or service issues.
- Scan engine with appropriate computer diagnostics and record actual hours and any service code or issues.
- Run engine, check fluids, and make future service recommendations.